Continuing on my post about how to turn around a bad day in to a good one. Here are the last five little tips I have learned to use. I hope you find them useful on your own bad days.
6. Get some exercise. Fresh air in the lungs and the pumping of my heart always improve my mood. Healthy body healthy mind. When I’m having a really bad day sometimes I’ll take a quick walk, the sunshine or even the rain can be soothing.
7. Remind yourself of past successes. Attitude is important. When things aren’t going to plan it’s easy to feel incapable or criticise ourselves too harshly. Remember even failures can be turned in to success if you learn something. Don’t let a bad day blind you to a potential silver lining.
8. Keep things in perspective. If you woke up today and have fresh running water and a full belly you’re already better off than most people around the world. Spilling your Starbucks on your new jeans isn’t a bad day.
9. Commit a random act of kindness. Good energy attracts good energy. Have you ever been having an awesome day that just keeps on getting more and more awesome. The same applies on a bad day, break the cycle of feeling shitty by doing something nice for somebody. The feeling of satisfaction you get will start the good vibes rolling again.
10. Strut! Put on some great music, zone out and strut. Life can’t be that bad, you’re here right now the master of your own destiny. Shitty things happen, life isn’t always fair but how you react when life beats you down is your choice.