Having a rough day? Sometimes we have a day that is downright awful, the kind of day where nothing seems to go right, when we fail at something or when something out of our control takes us by the short and curlies and rips them out like a bad manzilian.
I’ve gotten pretty good at turning bad days in to good days and now I thought I’d share a few things with you. So here are ten ways you can help turn a bad day in to a good day. They won’t all apply in every situation but a little bit of help can make a bit difference.
1. Take a break, go for a walk, sit in the sun and just generally take some time out. It can be as little as 1 minute in a quiet place. Bad days often take us by surprise so taking a moment to regain that feeling of control makes a huge difference.
2. Don’t make decisions when you’re angry or panicked. Making snap decisions or reacting without thinking will often make things worse.
3. Go to the kitchen and make a cup of tea, the ritual and break is a good chance to zone out even for just a few seconds. The added bonus is that you will be hydrating and getting all those wonderful antioxidants.
4. Eat something yummy and good for you. Low energy can leave you feeling grumpy and unable to cope with stress. Eating something quick and healthy also gives you some time out, will help restore your energy and will allow you to think more clearly. DON’T fill yourself with sugary comfort food, buzzing on sugar and crashing will make you feel worse than you did to begin with.
5. Phone a friend or loved one. A quick catch up chat and a little bit of a share can help turn around a bad day. A problem shared is a problem halved and a fresh perspective can sometimes help us through our problems.
Part 2 coming tomorrow.